Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Chocolate Chip Pancakes and a Playdate

Casey has breakfast at Wolfgang's with a group of guys from church every Tuesday morning. This morning while lying in bed I heard him getting ready and then I heard that Esther was up too. A few minutes later I heard Casey leave and wondered where Esther was, since it wasn't likely that she'd gone back to bed! I got up to investigate and discovered a note that she had gone to breakfast with Daddy. She thought it was pretty cool to have breakfast with the guys, especially since she had chocolate chip pancakes!

Later we had friends over for a play date. Kris and I have been friends since 5th grade. Miss Lyzenga assigned us to do a project on the state of Kentucky together, and the rest is history. We survived middle school together, stuck with each other while other friendships came and went during high school, went to summer camp and on service projects together, and roomed together at four youth conventions. We went to different colleges, but kept up our friendship, and I even had a small part in hooking her up with her husband Rob! When we bought our first house, it was right down the street from their house. Now we've entered another stage of life, and I love experiencing parenthood with her and watching our children play together. Ally and Esther are good buddies, and I'm sure Jake and Peter will be too once they're old enough to figure out what that means. Friends like these are a true blessing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, just like I had a small part in getting you and Casey together! JD