Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Girls' Weekend in the Windy City

This past weekend Esther, my mom and I took the train to Chicago to visit my sister Karen. Esther was a great traveller, and did well on the train rides despite being quite sleep deprived by the end of the weekend. You just can't take naps or go to bed early when you're having that much fun! The weather was perfect, so we were able to spend quite a bit of time outside.

Here are some highlights of the weekend:

All Aboard! Playing games with Grandma on the train. Watching the scenery with Froggy.



Lincoln Park Zoo, riding the carousel with Aunt Karen, watching the giraffes.



We tried out a new pizza joint, ate Coldstone Creamery ice cream, and had a pretend picnic.




Hanging out in the apartment, playing at the playground.




As stated above, Esther missed out on quite a bit of sleep over the weekend. It took her about 1 minute to fall asleep in the car on the way to the train station. I guess that's a sign that we packed a lot of fun into our 30 hours in Chicago!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's fun to relive the wonderful weekend in pictures! :) The girls definitely won out on this weekend.

Anonymous said...

I agree that the girls definitely got the best end of that week-end deal. As far as the boys' week-end goes, I think Casey is racking up some major points toward being named "Daddy of the Year!" (I hope that Peter's illness didn't spread through the whole family!)

Anonymous said...

Sorry---I forgot to sign that last entry--this is Aunt Judy, here. :)