Wednesday, December 19, 2007

10 Years......

For our anniversary, I thought I'd make a list of the major events/changes over the past 10 years.

1. 4 different houses/apartments, all within Grand Rapids. We have used up our amount of "how about you help us move" favors.

2. 10 job changes: Casey (7), Laura (3). Bonus points for anyone who can name them all (past employers who read this blog excluded).

3. The addition of one dog to our family.

4. The addition of three children to our family.

5. The deduction of one dog from our family.

6. The changing definition of the term "sleeping in." In 1997, it was 9:30 am on a Saturday. In 2007 it is anytime after 6:00 am on a Saturday.

7. The loss of a pickup truck and the addition of minivan.

8. Casey learning that balancing the checkbook by looking at the balance on the ATM display is NOT the appropriate method. (See previous post on mentioning Laura's type A, which stands for anal, personality.)

9. Being woken up by my wife in the middle of the night now means something totally different than it did in 1997 (use your imagination, but now it means someone is crying and needs a pacifier).

10. A pleasant dinner is any dinner that lasts more than 15 minutes without a child saying, "What is that? It smells funny."

Looking forward to the next 10 years!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I would like to comment on #8.

That must be how they teach financial management at Calvin Christian because my husband used to balance his checking account the same way. I quickly took over the finances in our household after I heard that!

Anonymous said...

thats funny i used to balance my checkbook that way too and I think we all might have been in accounting together at calvin christian!