Sunday, August 3, 2008

Hiking

This afternoon we ventured over to the Calvin College Nature Preserve for a hike in the woods. We packed our backpack with snacks and water and headed out on the trail. Along the way we saw...

  • Many beautiful flowers
  • 2 snakes, both spotted by Esther
  • 1 chipmunk
  • 1 Daddy Long Legs Spider
  • Lots of butterflies and dragonflies

I asked the kids what they liked best about our hike...

Peter: "I see the animals. I saw the frogs." We kept looking for frogs in the ponds, but didn't see any. Apparently Peter did though.

Miriam: "I liked being able kick my legs like crazy while hanging out in the front pack!"
(I'm pretty sure that's what she said when I asked her.)

Esther: "The ponds and the dragonflies and the snakes."

I think we need to teach the kids about animal habitats because as we were leaving, Peter asked if we were going to see any cows. Maybe he just wishes he was back in New Jersey!

No comments: