Friday, February 20, 2009

Necks Optional

Casey had minor surgery today on his neck to remove a cyst that has been there for a while and recently flared up. This morning we had 2 visitors snuggling in bed with us around 6:30. Here's how our conversation went:


Laura: Do you remember that Daddy has to go to the doctor today to have surgery on his neck?

Casey: Yup, they're going to remove my neck.

Peter and Esther giggle.

Laura: Whoa, Daddy would look funny! His head would sit right on his body with no neck in between!

Esther, matter-of-factly: Well, that's the way I draw people! I just make the legs come right out of the head!

Yes, she does. Here is a recent picture of our family that she did at school:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Precious picture. I love how she got double duty out of the M at the end of Miriam and the beginning of Mom. :) Hope Casey's doing o.k. ~Aunt Judy