Friday, May 1, 2009

Doc's Day at the Museum

Typically on Friday afternoons we take Esther to school and then come home so that Miriam can nap while Peter and I have some bonding time. This morning Miriam decided to sleep for 2-1/2 hours, so since I knew she wasn't going to nap this afternoon anyway, I decided to take Peter and Miriam to the Children's Museum for Doc's Day. I've seen this advertised in years past and always figured it would be a crazy day and a good one to avoid. Now I'm sorry that we didn't go before, because it was so great! All the medical professionals were amazing and so good with the kids. They had stations all over the museum where the kids could try different things and get little prizes. Peter just loved all the activities including going in the back of a real ambulance, getting a pretend cast on his arm, getting his oxygen levels and blood pressure taken, having a pretend CT scan, giving a shot to an orange, trying out some shaking respirator vest thing which made him laugh, seeing how they do sutures, feeling a heart... he even got to watch an egg get cracked up after crashing in a toy truck to demonstrate the importance of seat belts! It was all really great, and we'll definitely try to go again next year.


Miriam didn't get into all the medical stations, but as usual, she enjoyed running around, splashing bubble solution all over and playing in the mirror tunnel!

No comments: