Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Peter Quotes


Here are a few good Peter quotes from today:

We were looking through the Brain Quest card set we have (a trivia-type thing for kids) and I was asking him questions about different pictures on the cards. There was a picture of a Halloween scene and he didn't seem to know what it was, so I said, "When do we go trick-or-treating?" His reply: "On Sundays?"

On another card there was a picture of 2 kids doing a puzzle by a fire and it showed winter coats hanging up in the background and snow falling outside the window. The question was, "Is it cold or hot outside?" Peter said "Cold!" right away, so I asked him how he knew that, figuring that he would point out the snow or the coats. Instead he said, "Because I'm so smart!"

Tonight as he was getting ready for bed he was belting out a song from the PBS show Superwhy. We cracked up when he boldly sang, "I really love to spell...
S-P-P-L-L"

After the kids were in bed, my neighbor stopped over. While she was here Peter came downstairs because he had to go potty. Of course he had to chat with the neighbor for a few minutes too, and as she and I were talking, Peter interrupted and said to her, "You have snot on your nose!" There's nothing like a 3-year-old's honesty and tactfulness. He also kindly went and got a kleenex for her.

2 comments:

Renee said...

Aw I love that kid!

Jan said...

Would that we all would warn our friends about the snot on their noses -- the world would be a better place. Good job, Peter!