Miriam must listen to me occassionally, because she slept in until 8:00 and Peter slept until 8:45....miracles do still happen.
On our way down to Binder Park Zoo, we stopped by Marge's for some donuts. It's not exactly on the way....but we found the time.
Peter and Miriam had a great time at the zoo. Peter loved feeding the giraffes and Miriam "loved" being afraid of any animal that was within a ten foot radius. Guess she decided that today she would love the animals from afar.
Today was a great day of "Peter-isms" as well. Here are the few that I remember.
After hearing a father call for his daughter who was named "Lulu"
"Dad! We know a dog named LuLu!!!" (Peter does not have a quiet volume)
After seeing a man with a ponytail.
"Dad, that man has a woman's hair!" (Again, no quiet volume)
After not being able to find the cheetahs.
"Dad, I think they went out for lunch"
After being in the car for 45 minutes on the way home.
"Dad......I think I just went poopy" (Whew....false alarm, happens to the best of us)
We also ended the day by stopping by Culver's for some dessert after dinner. We met one of our neighbors and his kids (he was "single-Daddying" in tonight as well).
Mommy and Esther made it home tonight so tomorrow.....back to normal. Or, as close as normal gets around here.



1 comment:
what a great Daddy weekend! Can't wait to hear about Laura's!!!
Post a Comment