Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day Weekend

We had a wonderful, relaxing mother's day weekend.  Peter's soccer game was cancelled on Saturday morning, so we took a family outing to Marge's for donuts and visited Grandpa and Grandpa K and Uncle Nick for a bit.  Then I got to have lunch at the Olive Garden with my mom and sister--yum!  When I got home, I was greeted with these beautiful flowers from Casey and the kiddos:


In the afternoon we hung out with Aunt Karen and made apple smiles for a snack:


Sunday morning I was treated to breakfast in bed and given my other gift from the kids--chocolate!  They know me so well.  After church we went to my parents' house for lunch and spent most of the afternoon playing outside.  In the evening, Grandpa and Grandma K came over so we could give Grandma her mother's day cards as well.  Unfortunately, I wasn't very good about taking pictures this weekend.  My sister took most of these, but I forgot to take any when Casey's parents were over!


Esther also made me several precious gifts in school.  I received 3 beautiful handmade and painted clay pots, a cute little book, a flower pot, and a dish towel with hand print flowers.  It was all so sweet!


I am so blessed to be the mother of 3 amazing children and to have such a wonderful mom and mother-in-law to be my examples of great mothering! 

No comments: