Peter, Miriam and I went to school this morning to cheer on Esther and her classmates. She did a great job, and ran/walked 2 miles in her 1/2 hour time slot. We all did a couple laps with her, and Peter ran a little more while Miriam and I cheered. I told Peter not to run too much, because he needed to save his energy for his own run!
Peter, Esther, and her friend Alexis,
being chased by Mr. K, the principal!
We did some errands and had lunch, and then headed back to school in the afternoon for Peter's turn. Since he doesn't go to school on Fridays, he ran with his teacher's M/W/F class, and a couple of his classmates came as well. They ran a smaller loop that was set up on the tennis courts, and they kept track of how many laps the kids ran by putting a rubber band on their wrist each time they came around. When they finished, Peter had 22 rubber bands on his wrist. Since they had a 15 minute time slot, and I knew there was no way he had done those laps in under a minute each, something didn't add up. I asked Peter, "Did you only get 1 rubber band each time you went around?" He replied, "No, well sometimes I got 2!" They had several parents handing them out in order to keep things moving, and I think some of the kids received rubber bands from more than one person on some of their trips around! All of our donors had made donations of a flat amount, but if they'd sponsored by lap, Peter could have brought in some extra big money!
Tonight we went back to school for the fall festival. They had various activities, farm animals to see, and snacks available. Of course the kids wanted to get their faces painted, but then we came home and they needed showers! We figured we would take a picture before they washed off the artwork... this picture totally made me laugh!



No comments:
Post a Comment