Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Happy 3rd Birthday Miriam!

Our beautiful, sweet, funny little girl turned 3 today!  She had a super fun day and thoroughly enjoyed being the birthday girl.  I had to work this morning, so she went with Casey to take the kids to school, and then Casey's mom picked her up at his office.  They stopped at Marge's Donut Den to pick up donuts and then spent the morning together.  I met them at Build-a-Bear right after lunch and Miriam adopted her new friend Ella the bunny!  For those who know that Miriam has been frequently calling herself Ella for the past few months, we think this has ended that stage.  She kept saying, "This is my bunny Ella, so I'm not Ella anymore, I'm just Miriam."  You'll also be shocked to see that she picked out a "purple-just-like-my-bedroom" colored dress for Ella.

After a carousel ride and some ice cream, Miriam, Ella and I went to pick up the kids from school.  When Casey got home we had dinner (she requested chicken cordon bleu and broccoli), she opened her gifts, and we had cake and ice cream.  She also got a card in the mail from Grandpa and Grandma W. and a couple phone calls which made her day extra-special.

Things we love about Miriam:
* She can name most of the songs on WCSG, almost as quickly as Peter
* She loves to sing
* She loves to do whatever Peter and Esther are doing and truly adores them
* She's a great snuggler and is very into saying that she loves various people that she knows
* She has a great laugh and giggle
* She has one knock-knock joke in her repertoire
* She likes to ask "why?" (ok maybe we don't always love this one...)
* She wants to do everything by herself because she's big now

 Here are some pictures from her big day of celebrating!

The stuffing process

Checking for softness--approved!

Kissing the heart before it is sewn into the bunny

Fluffing the fur

Grandma, Miriam and Ella the Bunny






Esther and Peter each picked out
their own gifts to give to Miriam

Gifts from Mom and Dad: 
pajamas for Ella, a game, and a "fur real" dog set




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Miriam is such a sweet little girl. I sure miss her. Grandma w