Five years ago today, at 1:28 a.m., Casey excitedly announced, "It's a boy!" and our lives have never been the same. Peter is "all boy" as they say, and he makes our lives very fun. He loves to laugh, tell jokes, play with any type of vehicle, name every song on WCSG (the local Christian radio station), go to preschool, announce every street that we are driving on as we go around town, make new friends, talk, sing, and give hugs. He is such a great kid, and we're so proud of him.
His birthday involved a lot of eating. As he explained it to several of the people who called to wish him a happy birthday (he LOVED all the phone calls he received today), he had multiple "rounds" of eating and activities in his day:
Round 1: "Daddy woke me up at 6:20 and asked me if I wanted to go out for breakfast with him. I said yes, so I got dressed right away. We went to the Real Food Cafe and I had a Mickey Mouse pancake!" When I told him that he was actually already awake when Daddy went in there, he said, "No I wasn't, I was just sleeping with my eyes open." Uh, yeah.
Round 2: Daddy went off to work, and the kids and Mommy went to Marge's Donut Den. Marge called Peter into the back so that they could decorate a donut for him. We got to chat with her for a bit while we ate.
Round 3: We went to Meijer Gardens to see the Christmas trees and the trains.
Round 4: We went to Daddy's office to pick him up, and then we went out for lunch. Peter was told he could choose anywhere to go for lunch--of course he picked McDonald's.
Round 5: We hung out at home and played some Wii.
Round 6: Daddy came home and we had pigs-in-the-blanket and broccoli (Peter's choice) for dinner. Then Peter opened his gifts from us and the girls and we ended the night with cupcakes.
It's hard to buy outdoor summer stuff for a kid that has a December birthday--he'll have to ride the scooter in the garage until the snow melts!
It was a great day of celebrating our very special 5-year-old!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment