Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Brave Little Miriam

Today Miriam had a dermoid cyst removed from the side of her eye.  She was such a great little trooper and so brave.  She never cried and tolerated everything so well.  She got lots of attention from all the amazing staff at the Helen DeVos Children's Hospital, and we were thankful for all the wonderful people who took such good care of her.  A favorite was the anesthesiologist who was talking about My Little Pony with her and discussing his favorite ponies with her as she drifted off to sleep.
Here are a couple pictures from last week of her "bump" as she calls it:




All ready in her little tiger hospital pajamas:


Sleepy girl in the recovery room:


Her eye is swollen and black and blue.  Tomorrow she gets to have the large bandage removed by the doctors, and the stitches will come out next week.  We're praying for a quick and smooth recovery!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Laura, I am so glad to see that Miriam has had her surgery. I hope and pray that all is going great and that she is 100 percent well. I didn't realize the lump was as big as the picture showed. I am glad that you had this taken care of and wish all of you the best. Take care. Uncle Larry