Note: Spoiler alert for Grandma K.: Miriam started this book as a mother's day gift for Grandma, and didn't get it finished in time for mother's day. She is planning to give it to Grandma next time she sees her. Grandma, if you don't want to spoil your surprise, then don't read this yet!
Miriam read the book, "Are You My Mother?" in school and decided to write and illustrate her own version at home. Somehow it turned into a mother's day gift for Grandma K., which I thought was very sweet. Here is a peek at her work... the picture quality isn't the best because Miriam was helping me take them. :)
 |
| Proud Author |
 |
| Where Is My Mother? |
 |
| The Mother is Leaving |
 |
| The Egg is Hatching |
 |
| The Egg Hatched |
 |
The Baby is Falling
(sad part) |
 |
The Baby is Leaving to go
Find Its Mother |
 |
They Walked Right Past Each
Other and They Didn't Even See |
 |
Happy Mother's Day!
I Love You
Love, Miriam |
 |
| The End |
Peter kindly pointed out that it is kind of a sad ending, and was starting to suggest that maybe she should add something at the end. I quickly cut him off as this project has already taken weeks to complete, and I'll admit that I wanted it wrapped up!
1 comment:
I have to admit I was thinking along the same line as Peter :)
Post a Comment