Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Our Baby Birds

We had a robin build a nest and lay eggs in the nest in one of our spruce trees in the backyard.  It was just about eye level for an adult, so we had fun checking on the nest and watching the progression.  I meant to try to take pictures more often, but kept forgetting for a few days at a time.  Also, truthfully, I was a little afraid of the parent birds as they did not like us looking at their babies and they swooped very close to my head several different times!  Here is what I did capture.  It's amazing how quickly they go from the egg to looking like real birds and flying off into the world!

June 2


June 4

 

June 7




June 10

June 16

We went to check the nest on June 16 and found it empty, with just this one bird still sitting in the tree.  He hopped down to the grass when we got close.  We're hoping he figured out how to fly and is off exploring the world now!

No comments: