Monday, January 15, 2007

Snow Day!




I had a snow day today--no school! I'm not really sure why, as it was pretty much a normal Michigan winter weather event, but I'm not complaining! It was fun to have an unexpected day at home with the kids. After their naps this afternoon, Esther wanted to go outside. Here are the important details of our experience:
  • The amount of time we spent getting bundled up and ready was about the same as the amount of time we spent outside.
  • Peter tasted snow for the first time. I made sure he didn't eat any yellow snow.
  • Esther didn't like it that the snow was coming down in her eyes as she made snow angels. I told her to close them, but that wasn't good enough, so I had to put my mitten over her eyes.
  • Esther pulled Peter in the sled. She must be pretty strong considering the fact that she doesn't weigh much more than he does!
  • They both think it's quite funny when I try to run in the snow while pulling them on the sled. The neighbors probably think it's funny too.
I think they would have stayed out there a lot longer, but it was getting to be dinner time. I'm sure we'll be back out tomorrow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how I remember those days!!

Grandma enjoyed her "snow day" too. She spent it nice and cozy in the house. Sorry I had to miss the snow angels!!

Anonymous said...

That picture with your mitten on her face is hilarious!!!