Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Popcorn

I grew up eating a lot of popcorn. My Dad was the popcorn maker in our family, and for years he had an old heavy-duty pan in which he popped the corn on the stove. I remember the loss we felt when the pan finally burned through on the bottom after years of use. Then he started using a Whirly Pop, which was just as good. I think we had popcorn at least 3-4 times a week growing up. I still love it when I go over to their house and there is leftover popcorn to eat.

Apparently our kids inherited my love of popcorn, because Peter and Esther can down a bag of microwave popcorn (there's no comparison to my Dad's popcorn, but it's easy) pretty quickly between the 2 of them. Tonight Esther wore her popcorn pj's since we were having popcorn for a snack. When I asked her if I should take a picture, she was totally into it. She even asked if she should put her leg up so we could see the popcorn on her pants!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love those pj's! Do they come in adult sizes? ~Aunt Judy

Carrie said...

Nora loves Esther's pajamas as we eat a lot of popcorn in our house as well. I have to agree that nothing compares to popcorn made over the stove - yum!!