Sunday, September 7, 2008

Big Boy Bed

Well, it only took a month and a half of working a few hours a night and fitting some time in on the weekends....but Peter's big boy fire engine bed is finally done!!! (Laura is more excited to have a sawdust free garage again!)

This was my first project of this caliber....I think it was harder than building a house.

All in all, I'm pleased with the end result...and as the pictures show, we have one happy little boy. The working red light was the highlight of his day.

Grandma K is making a special Fire Fighter quilt for Peter's new bed....watch the blog for the finished product!

Now, Esther wants a doll house..........

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are very talented!!! Jeff said you should have made two - one for Peter and one for Ty :)

Mindy said...

Very nice job. I've got a ton of unfinished projects around the house. can you come up in your spare time and get to those too?? that would be GREAT!

Tracy said...

Great job Case! I am sure the smile on Peter's face was worth all the time and energy you put into the bed. Looking forward to seeing the dollhouse soon! :)

Rachel said...

Peter is a lucky kid. He'll be the envy of all his friends. :)

You should come see the doll house my dad built me when you're ready to tackle that project.