So I guess I didn't have to worry about Esther's first day of pre-school without us there. We got there a little early because I thought she might be less overwhelmed if there weren't already 19 other kids there. Only 3 or 4 had arrived before us, and they were playing blocks with one of the teacher aides. Esther showed Peter the snake and bird and then started playing with the blocks. I waited a couple minutes and then kind of held my breath when I told her to tell us goodbye. I was fully prepared for her to freak out and cling to me as she has done in other new situations like this, but it didn't happen! She gave Peter and Miriam hugs, gave me a couple kisses on my hand and went back to her blocks.
I told Peter to say goodbye and he said, "Bye Mom!" Poor little guy--he wanted to stay too! He looked quite disappointed as I reached for his hand and told him he had to come with me. We had a good time playing and making dinner together while Miriam napped, and when we picked Esther up he told her he had missed her.
On the way home I asked Esther what she did at school. She replied, "I don't remember." Talk about 4 going on 14! Over the course of the afternoon and evening we did get more information about her day, and it sounded pretty fun. We went out for ice cream with friends tonight to celebrate her first successful day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Yay, I'm so proud (and relieved)! :)
I'm so glad she had a good first day. Way to go, Esther. And poor Peter... it's tough being the younger brother.
yahoo!!
Post a Comment