Monday, April 6, 2009

Spring Break Days 4-5

Yesterday we visited the Children's Museum with Aunt Renee and Tyler and had a great time. Renee called me later to let me know that the G.R. Press referred to the Children's Museum as the "spring break staycation destination," so I figured I should include that here in my post. It was quite busy, so keeping track of 4 kids between 2 adults was a bit of a challenge, especially since Miriam could care less if I knew where she was and would take off running every chance she got.


After a busy morning, I told Esther and Peter that we could watch the movie "Babe," which we had picked up at the library. After gathering their friends and blankies, we popped some popcorn, and were all ready for the show.

This morning we headed out to our friend Jodi's house to get haircuts. This is actually a fun outing for the kids because she has a salon in her basement and a huge playroom full of awesome toys. The kids love going there and never want to leave when we're done! Miriam got her momentous first haircut and as you can see, she was thrilled about it. It was nice to get rid of most of her mullet and she looks pretty cute with her new little hairstyle. We're trying not to cut her bangs, so we just need to get her to keep a barrette in her hair so that it's not always in her eyes! We also took before and after pictures of handsome Peter.

We've also been playing lots of Memory and other card and board games during break, which has been fun. Our book count is up to 31, so I think we're going to reach our goal with no problem.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you're keeping up the pop corn tradition with your kids. Their Grandpa must be so pleased! Aunt Judy