Laura had to attend a conference today, so I opted to take a vacation day and stay home with the troops.....putting me in charge for the day.
I started the day by bribing them with breakfast out if they got dressed right away....wow did that work. I'd do this daily if I wouldn't go broke. We went to the Real Food Cafe....how can you go wrong with a restaurant where a guy named Frank makes Mickey Mouse pancakes for the kids? And I don't mean small pancakes either, Esther pointed out that the pancake was bigger than her head....and then proceeded to eat almost the whole thing. (Frank uses blueberries for the eyes, a strawberry nose, and orange slice for the mouth - so I get credit for giving the kids fruit today.)
We then proceeded home and got ready to go outside and play in the snow. We began on our snow fort and made some good headway before we had to go run an errand. Daddy had to look at someone's basement for a quote on finishing a room for them. Bribery worked once again to keep the kids in order, and we picked up a movie on the way home (I highly recommend Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs).
After the movie we went out and finished the fort. Actually, Daddy got to build it twice since a certain little boy doesn't understand the meaning of the phrase "don't lean against the wall until we are done". Oh well, twice the fun.
All in all....a good day, with tired kids who are now fighting with each other while I write this....I better go get dinner on the table.






1 comment:
GREAT SNOW FORT!!!
Post a Comment