Tuesday, December 19, 2006

When Duty Calls

Today is our 9th anniversary. We went to the Amway overnight on Thanksgiving weekend, so we really already celebrated it. But when my parents offered to babysit so we could go out for dinner tonight, we figured we would take them up on it! They were going to arrive around 7:00. At 6:50, Casey's fire pager went off. We looked at each other. I know we were both hoping that it would be a "fire alarm" which means the on-call firefighters don't go to the call. Nope, it was "strong odor of smoke" at an apartment building. Definitely a call Casey needed to go to. At 8:00 I sent my parents home. Maybe we'll try again tomorrow night. At least I could sit here by myself and look at the beautiful flowers I got today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

NOOOOO!!!!
(nice flowers, though)

Anonymous said...

the "strong odor of smoke" could have been because I was baking last night...