Last night we had a youth group all-nighter. We started the evening with the youth putting on a Valentine dinner for the seniors of the church. After cleaning up from dinner, we headed out to play broomball, which brought back good memories of dorm outings in college. Then we headed back to church for the all night lock-in part of the event.
Casey went home around midnight so that he could sleep, and I stayed all night. Casey has stayed the last three years when I've gone home and slept, so I decided it was my turn, especially since he hasn't had much sleep this week. I didn't think I'd physically be able to stay awake all night, but yup, I did it. When I got home this morning, Casey took the kids to his parents' house so I could sleep for a few hours.
Right now I'm feeling pretty good. I guess being low on sleep is pretty normal at this stage of our lives with young kids. I'll wait and see how I feel tomorrow when the reality of that missed sleep truly sets in! Either way, it was a fun night spent with some great high school students and leaders.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I think I need a new tee shirt that says:
"Sleeps through lock-ins"
And I guess it should be dark colored because you never know what's going to happen at those things.... JD
Post a Comment