Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Kissing Hand

For those of you who aren't familiar with it, there's a very cute book called The Kissing Hand about Chester racoon, who doesn't want to leave his mommy to go to school. To make him feel better about it, his mom kisses his hand and tells him to press his palm to his cheek whever he feels lonely, and he'll be able to feel her kiss. Sometimes when Esther is sad about me leaving to go somewhere without her, we will give each other kissing hands.

We've been talking a lot lately about Esther going to school. This morning at breakfast Peter asked, "Is Esther going to school?" I told him she'd be going next week, and he said in a very sad voice, "But I don't want Esther to go to school!" In the sweetest voice Esther replied, "Buddy it's ok; we'll do the kissing hand before I leave!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

precious!!

Anonymous said...

I used to read "The Kissing Hand" to my kindergarten class on the first day of school and thought the book was so sweet. When they left school on the first day, I gave them all a heart stamp on their hand so they would remember that I loved them,too. Sounds as if Esther has listened to the book a few times. Aunt JoAnne
I enjoy reading about your family activities.