Thursday, October 23, 2008

Scarecrow

So, today Esther and Peter and I made a "scarecrow" for the front porch. I alway used to call those things a "dummy," but figured Laura would "correct" my choice of words in front of the kids, so we settled on "scarecrow." (I know it's hard for all of you to believe, but on occassion I find out about words we do not use... usually right after I have used that word in front of the kids. Though, ever since an unfortunate incident with Esther and her expanding vocabulary at the time, I have never referred to the "poopy" diapers as filled with s**t.)

Anyway, back to the "scarecrow." We do not have many leaves in our backyard, so last night we invited ourselves over to Uncle Jeff and Aunt Renee's house for pizza. We raked up some of their leaves and stuffed some jeans and a shirt. This morning after we got back from getting donuts, Esther and I put our creation together, topping it off with the pumpkin that Esther decorated at school. (She is very excited to take a picture of this back to show Mrs. M on Monday). Peter didn't want to go outside with us, but he did want to come out and have his picture taken.
We haven't come up with a name yet... Esther seems to think we should name it Peter. If we do, then it's a good thing we are calling this a "scarecrow" and not a "dummy"!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

excellent "Scarecrow"!! I think you should make more - we have a lot of leaves asking to become dummies!